Your Friendly Adventurers
Safe Travels Abroad is a family-owned business combining our love for travel and adventure with our expertise in ensuring customer satisfaction. For the past 20 years, we have been traveling internationally and within our beautiful New Zealand. We are now based in Penang where we immerse ourselves in the culture, nature, and beauty of this magical island. Along with our years of explorations in Penang, we have established a network of the very best local providers Penang has to offer.
- Personalised itineraries
- Private transfers
- Guided tours
- Immersive experiences
- Travel Assistance
Highly suitable for
with extra needs
Mansions, Murals and Meandering
- Spend your day wandering around Penang’s capital city, George Town visiting markets by foot or trishaw.
- Explore places of worship and admiring heritage architecture - walking down the streets of Georgetown is like walking through the paths of history.
Sightseeing and Secrets
- Dodge the heat and the traffic in a Trishaw ride through Georgetown.
- Take a Locals only known Hike, 4 wheel drive or vehicular train up Penang hill to enjoy amazing views (with expert advice to beat the queues).
Next to Nature
- Penang National Park, Malaysia - Taman Negara Pulau Pinang
- Penang Botanical Gardens
Nasi lemak! Char Kuey Teow! Apom! So so happy with my tour with Sam as the whole family got to try all the local food the Penang way.
Was pleasantly surprised by how comfortable Sam planned our exploration around Penang for my family of 4! My kids enjoyed the trip so so much, they are requesting to go back to Penang during the Christmas holidays.
It was our first time in Penang, was so glad to stumble upon Sam’s humble travel business. Everything was so well planned for me and my partner, never felt more like a local ever!
October 28, 2019
On a recent adventure, our family decided to drive from Penang across Malaysia to the Perhentian Islands. We were desperate to hit the beach and snorkel in the famed beautiful […]
August 7, 2019
One of the benefits of moving our family to Malaysia was sharing our love for wildlife with our twin boys. We want to help them find a passion for supporting […]
May 5, 2019
So far this year, Penang has been filled with many festivals and celebrations. Chinese New Year had two weeks of events and street festivals that were an explosion on your […]